Gisteren was de dag van de liefde.
De dag om aan anderen te laten zien hoeveel je van ze houdt. Maar om van anderen te houden moet je ook van jezelf kunnen houden.
Voor veel mensen is dit lastig.
Onderstaande ‘guide’ kwam ik tegen en wil ik graag delen. Het kan je helpen om meer van jezelf te leren houden.
Wellicht een mooi voornemen om mee aan de slag te gaan?!
De tekst is in het engels, mocht dat een probleem zijn, laat het me weten, dan vertaal ik het voor je naar het Nederlands.
Mocht je aan de slag willen met meer van jezelf leren te houden, meld je dan aan voor begeleiding.
Louise Hay Guide to Loving Yourself
How to Love Yourself
- Stop all criticism. Criticism never changes a thing. Refuse to criticize yourself. Accept yourself exactly as you are. Everybody changes. When you criticize yourself, your changes are negative. When you approve of yourself, your changes are positive.
- Stop scaring yourself. Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts. It’s a dreadful way to live. Find a mental image that gives you pleasure, (mine is yellow roses) and immediately switch your scary thought to a pleasure thought.
- Be gentle and kind and patient. Be gentle with yourself. Be kind to yourself. Be patient with yourself as you learn the new ways of thinking. Treat yourself as you would someone you really love.
- Be kind to your mind. Self-hatred is only hating your own thoughts. Don’t hate yourself for having the thoughts. Gently change the thoughts.
- Praise yourself. Criticism breaks the inner spirit. Praise builds it up. Praise yourself as much as you can. Tell yourself how well you are doing with every little thing.
- Support yourself. Find ways to support yourself. Reach out to friends and allow them to help you. It is being strong to ask for help when you need it.
- Be loving to your negatives. Acknowledge that you created them to fulfil a need. Now you are finding new, positive ways to fulfil those needs. So, lovingly release the old negative patterns.
- Take care of your body. Learn about nutrition. What kind of fuel does your body need to have optimum energy and vitality? Learn about exercise. What kind of exercise can you enjoy? Cherish and revere the temple you live in.
- Mirror work. Look into your own eyes often. Express this growing sense of love you have for yourself. Forgive yourself looking into the mirror. Talk to your parents looking into the mirror. Forgive them, too. At least once a day look into the mirror and say: “I love you, I really love you!”.
- LOVE YOURSELF – DO IT NOW! Don’t wait until you get well or lose the weight, or get the new job, or the new relationship.
- BEGIN NOW – Do the best you can.